Disney Movies Anywhere Now Works with VUDU

Jchang | November 17, 2014 in Industry News,New Features,New Releases,VUDU | Comments (55)

blog_DMA

The best place to discover, watch and collect movies and TV shows just became a little more magical.

Disney Movies Anywhere now works with VUDU.

We’re particularly excited about this team up because it gives movie lovers unprecedented anytime, anywhere access to their favorite Disney, Pixar and Marvel movies.

• Unlock the digital copy from eligible Disney DVDs and Blu-rays you buy at Walmart
  • Watch these movies anytime, anywhere with VUDU, including Roku, Xbox, PlayStation, Smart TVs, Chromecast, Android or iOS mobile devices and more.
  • Discover exclusive videos, bonus features, and special offers on Disney Movies Anywhere.

To get started, just connect your Disney Movies Anywhere and VUDU accounts. It’s free, easy and takes less than a minute.

Plus, for a limited time, when you connect accounts, you get a FREE* copy of Wreck-It Ralph.

Learn more about VUDU and Disney Movies Anywhere here.

*Offer ends 1/30/2015. Registration with Disney Movies Anywhere and connection for the first time with any participating provider account required. Offer subject to expiration. Movie subject to change. Void where prohibited. Visit DisneyMoviesAnywhere.com for eligibility requirements, details and terms and conditions.

55 Responses to “Disney Movies Anywhere Now Works with VUDU”

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URL

1. Comment by nick — November 18, 2014 at 6:41 pm

Connected my Disney movies anywhere to vudu. The problem is that they show up on the app on my phone but not my ps3. Is this a problem that’s occurring with others?

2. Comment by Jchang — November 19, 2014 at 9:42 am

Hi Nick,

Try unlinking and relinking to DMA.

3. Comment by Dusty — November 19, 2014 at 4:01 pm

I connected fine and Wreck It Ralph shows up in my DMA account as expected. However, I don’t see my DMA movies on any Vudu device. Did I mess it up somehow?

4. Comment by Jchang — November 19, 2014 at 4:07 pm

Hi Dusty, Try unlinking and relinking to DMA.

5. Comment by Michelle — November 19, 2014 at 5:32 pm

Unable to even find the option to connect the accounts. Incredibly frustrated. Sony movies linked fine. Not intuitive at all.

6. Comment by Jchang — November 20, 2014 at 10:20 am

Hi Michelle,

If you already have a VUDU account, you can just visit http://www.disneymoviesanywhere.com, sign in and click on VUDU in Settings > Accounts > Connect.

7. Comment by Kevin — November 20, 2014 at 12:27 pm

Will the DMA movies work with VUDU account sharing? So I’ve shared my account with a family member, will they be able to watch the DMA movies? Right now, they are not seeing them.

8. Comment by Jchang — November 24, 2014 at 9:08 am

Hi Kevin,

Share My Movies only works with UltraViolet titles!

9. Comment by Drew Harmon — November 28, 2014 at 6:29 am

I have Maleficent in my account which is shared with my sister. When I first added Maleficent to Vudu my sister could see it. However, she is no longer able to see that movie. Why?

10. Comment by Josh — November 28, 2014 at 7:58 am

This is fantastic, it has driven me absolutely insane that stupid Disney went a route other than ultraviolet for digital licensing management. This eases that pain slightly, I’d still love to see them just switch but this will do for now.

Next up, digital copies costing a couple bucks less than physical.. why would I buy a digital copy directly when I can get a blu-ray (still the best quality) that includes a digital code for the same price or less?

11. Comment by Jchang — November 28, 2014 at 8:49 am

Hi Drew,

Maleficent is a Disney movie, which are not eligible for Share My Movies.

12. Comment by Tony — November 28, 2014 at 8:13 pm

My Vudu account is linked to UV. I just linked to Disney this evening. I see the eligible Vudu/UV movies on Disney, but I don’t see my Disney movies on Vudu. For example, Wall-E was on my Disney account. I do not see it in Vudu. I see advice about unlinking and re-linking to Disney in previous posts. There is mention in the details of not being able to link to another provider for 180 days. Does that mean I will lose my link to the UV movies I made previously?

13. Comment by Tony — November 28, 2014 at 8:55 pm

Never mind. Took a few hours, but everything is linked now.

14. Comment by robyn — December 1, 2014 at 9:04 am

I linked my DMA account with my VUDU account and nothing shows up via blu ray player or phone in either app. I would try unlinking and re-linking, but honestly, I can’t even remember how I linked them in the first place. this is the most asinine thing ever.

15. Comment by Jchang — December 1, 2014 at 9:10 am

Hi Robyn,

You may need to wait a few hours for titles to sync. To unlink and relink, visit the Disney Movies Anywhere accounts page (http://www.disneymoviesanywhere.com/setting/account/). You’ll have to sign in, then ‘uncheck’ to unlink.

16. Comment by Liam — December 1, 2014 at 5:23 pm

Hey guys,

I entered Iron Man 3, Prince of Persia, Thor 2, John Carter, Enchanted, and Tron. Just curious why they are not appearing. The codes were accepted and are saved in my DMR but I am not allowed to select Play Now for them even through Disney (I would like to view on VUDU, just personal preference… silly? probably haha but anyways…) I see that some people have disconnected and reconnected. Will this solve the problem? Or is there something that I am not catching with these movie titles?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks! 🙂

Liam

17. Comment by Jchang — December 1, 2014 at 5:27 pm

Hi Liam,

Unlinking and relinking has been useful for many. Other than that, waiting a few hours for the servers to sync.

18. Comment by Liam — December 1, 2014 at 5:54 pm

Thanks Jchang, I will have to try that then. But I forgot to mention that it has been a couple days since entering those codes in. Since then I have entered in two newer codes ( Sleeping Beauty and Maleficent ) which both are appearing on VUDU. Any ideas about this?

For disconnecting and relinking, it is as easy as unchecking and checking the box in again??

Thanks again

19. Comment by Jchang — December 2, 2014 at 10:16 am

Hi Liam,

Please try unlinking and relinking (yes it’s pretty straightforward), then waiting a few hours. If that still doesn’t work, contact support@vudu.com and let us know what you’ve tried already so we can investigate more thoroughly.

20. Comment by John — December 19, 2014 at 3:08 pm

After you log in to DMA and uncheck the VUDU box try going back to VUDU and choosing the DMA selection from the menu there to link it back up. This is how on got mine to sync up. Checking and unchecking the VUDU box in DMA didn’t seem to resync anything. I had to do the relink via VUDU.

21. Comment by Kelci — December 31, 2014 at 9:53 am

I added Maleficient to VUDU when I first purchased it and everyone who was shared to my account could see it. Now that I have linked VUDU and DMA those that are shared to my account can no longer see that movie. How can I change that?

22. Comment by Jchang — January 5, 2015 at 8:58 am

Hi Kelci,

Disney movies are not eligible for Share My Movies. You can, however, invite everyone over for a movie night!

23. Comment by Jeremy — February 17, 2015 at 1:56 pm

Are there any plans by Disney to include themselves in the Disc to Digital program? Would love to add my older Disney dvd’s that I bought before the days of digital copies being included. Even if Disney required Vudu to charge a little more than the $2/$5 price point for their films.

24. Comment by Jchang — February 20, 2015 at 9:55 am

Hi Jeremy, none for now, but things changes quickly in showbiz.

25. Comment by Steve — March 12, 2015 at 11:11 am

“Disney movies are not eligible for Share My Movies. ”

so DMA has less features that UV? Why even do that then?

26. Comment by Jchang — March 12, 2015 at 11:21 am

Hi Steve,

Disney has a points system that does enable you to get additional prizes, offers and content, if that interests you. Also, iTunes is also DMA compliant, any DMA movies you owned through itunes are now available to watch on VUDU via android devices, PlayStation, Xbox, and so on.

27. Comment by Steve — March 13, 2015 at 6:47 am

a points system? like a frequent flyer type thing? no interest in that.

absolutely not an iTunes user, which is why i love Ultraviolet. So much better and its not tied to Apple ecosystem.

28. Comment by Travis — March 31, 2015 at 4:59 pm

I’d also like to toss my opinion in the ring to add Disney movies to the Vudu Disc to Digital program. I purchased a copy of Captain America: The Winter Soldier and didn’t realize my copy didn’t have a digital HD code. Now I don’t know how to get a code without purchasing the movie all over again.

29. Comment by Mark — April 12, 2015 at 7:49 am

I linked my accounts and I can see all my Vudu and Disney movies on the Vudu app, but can not see my Vudu movies on the DMA app. Is there a way to fix that?

30. Comment by Jchang — April 12, 2015 at 11:50 am

Hi Mark, you can only see Disney Movies Anywhere eligible movies on the DMA app.

31. Comment by Kim — April 12, 2015 at 11:07 pm

Now that DMA is with Vudu, how come I can not convert my movies to digital. I even went to Walmart and they couldn’t do it. I don’t want to have to spend $15 – $25 for the digital copy but am willing to pay the Vudu $2 fee to convert them. I have toooo many to pay full price again.

32. Comment by Jchang — April 20, 2015 at 9:36 am

Hi Kim,

Disc to Digital is an UltraViolet program, so Disney Movies Anywhere titles are unfortunately not eligible.

33. Comment by james — April 21, 2015 at 4:21 pm

Jchang, so that is exactly the rub. I started adding up what it will cost me to convert at standard vudu costs, or repurchase older discs simply to register with itunes to transfer to vudu, and it is already in the 500 dollar range just off the top of my head. I know why Disney is doing this, but the problem is that it really gimps the consumer. Ultraviolet is a perfectly fine and flexible option, but Disney would rather have a more limited service simply to keep it in-house. At the very least, Disney needs to make a similar option to disc to digital within the DMA program.

34. Comment by DarielleMay 2, 2015 at 10:38 pm

So I did the connecting of my DMA and Vudu but I did not receive Wreck-it-Ralph and my movies are not showing up in Vudu I disconnected and reconnected but still nothing. What should I do now

35. Comment by Jchang — May 21, 2015 at 10:26 am

Hi Darielle,

The Wreck-it-Ralph offer expired January 30th. If your eligible Disney, Marvel and Pixar movies are still not showing up in VUDU, please contact support!

36. Comment by Dave — June 7, 2015 at 1:57 pm

I’m having a hard time understanding why Disney DMA doesn’t either join Vudu wholeheartedly, thereby allowing users to scan older purchased Disney DVDs in to D2D, or at least offer something similar in-house. By requiring the consumer to go out and purchase newer copies just to get a digital code is morally reprehensible. I have an entire lifetime of Disney movies on DVD that I’ve purchased over the years. Most of them had been purchased on VHS before that. Now, to have to purchase them a third time just so they can be digital is ridiculous and I can’t do it. I’ll just make sure to watch and purchase any movies other than Disney from now on. Sad, really. I would have paid the fee to transfer all of mine to digital. Now, they’ll have to sit in a box, not being watched.

37. Comment by RyanJune 16, 2015 at 11:21 am

I really would love to see disc to digital for disney as well, we honestly watch our disney movies less than we used to now because we switched to streaming all of our other content. We own a ton of disney movies, but they just sit on the shelf collecting dust because we find something else to watch that is more convenient than having to switch the disc from room to room, or losing our place on the dvd every time it comes out of the player to watch something else again. We would happily pay more than two dollars each to acquire a digital copy, but $14 each seems exorbitant.

38. Comment by Cindy N — July 3, 2015 at 2:47 pm

If I rent or buy Disney movies through my VUDU account, will I receive Disney reward points? If so, how does that work?

39. Comment by Jchang — July 6, 2015 at 9:20 am

Hi Cindy, if you buy Disney movies through VUDU you do receive Disney reward points (note that Disney does not offer reward points for rentals)!
    To make sure you receive the reward points, you will need to connect a Disney Movies Anywhere account to VUDU. You can do that on https://www.disneymoviesanywhere.com.
    Then, after you purchase eligible Disney, Pixar and Marvel moves on VUDU, your points are automatically added to your Disney Movies Anywhere account.

I hope this helps!

40. Comment by Evan — July 24, 2015 at 9:25 pm

Hi, I have had a VUDU account for awhile and a DMA for awhile. However at some point my VUDU account was connected to another DMA, though I don’t know who’s (doesn’t even seem to be anything I created). The issue is that DMA won’t let me connect to my VUDU account till my VUDU is not connected to any other DMA. Anyone know how to unlink your VUDU from a DMA? Or to find out which DMA a VUDU account is connected to at least?

41. Comment by Jchang — July 27, 2015 at 10:42 am

Hi Evan, currently you have to request to disconnect your account from DMA. We’ve done it for you now so you connect to an appropriate DMA account.

42. Comment by jstroh — August 4, 2015 at 7:16 pm

If I connect my iTunes to dma will my link to vudu still work?
    Also if I buy a Disney movie in iTunes will it sync to dma and vudu?
    Just to be clear Can I connect my dma to iTunes,vudu,Google service all at the same time?

43. Comment by Jchang — August 5, 2015 at 9:04 am

Hi Jstroh,

Yes that is correct!

44. Comment by Dave — August 10, 2015 at 4:02 pm

I was really excited to hear that DMA was now linked to VUDU so that I could watch my Disney collection on VUDU. Imagine my great disappointment when I see that older Disney dvds do not qualify for D2D. Only newer ones with a digital copy code. I’ve already spent hundreds on VHS first, then dvd replacements. I refuse to spend that much again just to get a digital code. I’ll watch something else that won’t break the bank for a third time.

45. Comment by Prabhu — September 13, 2015 at 7:07 pm

How do I disconnect my DMA account from my Vudu account? My DMA account got hijacked.

46. Comment by Jchang — September 14, 2015 at 9:47 am

Hi Prabhu, please contact customer support at 1 (888) 554-8838.

47. Comment by Randy — October 25, 2015 at 10:11 am

I want to lend my voice to advocate for Disney allowing those of us who already own Disney content on DVD or Blu-Ray the ability to upgrade to a digital copy. I purchase the most recent releases with the Digital Copy Code, but we own many, many other Disney DVD and Blu-Ray for which there was no digital copy included. Many of these we previously owned on VHS and so we have paid the price multiple times already. Please, Disney, give your fans a break. Join the party and allow us to purchase a digital copy for our existing videos at a reasonable price. Walt would have done so, I am certain!

48. Comment by Jorge — December 2, 2015 at 7:07 am

Ditto to what Randy said, especially if we already purchased a Blu ray that didn’t come with a digital bundle purchase option. There is no integrity in forcing customers to pay twice for a movie just to have a digital copy.

49. Comment by matt — December 24, 2015 at 8:20 pm

I linked my Disney Movies Anywhere account with my Vudu account then shared my Vudu account with family members. The Disney movies don’t show up in the library when they log in. Is there something I can do about that? Some of the movies were originally redeemed throught Ultaviolet/Vudu and some through Disney, but none of the Disney titles are there.

50. Comment by Russ — December 25, 2015 at 7:52 am

i have shared my UV account with my brother but he can not see the Disney movies? He can see all my UV ones though.