VUDU: Coming to a Chromecast Near You

Jchang | March 2, 2014 in Uncategorized | Comments (54)

You asked. We listened. And it’s coming soon.

Today you can use VUDU to instantly watch over a hundred thousand movies and TV shows just about anytime and anywhere. We’re on hundreds of devices, from smart TVs to smart phones, and support both PCs and Macs. Soon, watching will be even easier with VUDU on Chromecast.

A Google Chromecast device lets you ‘cast’ video streamed from VUDU on your smartphone, tablet, PC or Mac directly to a television. No smart TV, DVD/Blu-ray player, game console or set-top box needed. While casting, you can use your device as a remote control or even a ‘second screen’, which means you multi-taskers can continue doing the ten other things you usually do while watching that TV episode.

VUDU on Chromecast will be launching soon, so check back often. VUDU on Chromecast will be available with the updated Android and iOS apps, as well as through the Chrome browser for PC and Mac.

In the meantime, you can still enjoy the latest movies and TV shows through the VUDU.com website or through our apps for Android and iOS devices. If you’re interested in being a beta tester for VUDU on Chromecast, register here. Please note the beta testing site is separate from the VUDU.com service and will require a new sign up.

Learn more about Google Chromecast
VUDU on Google Play
VUDU Player for iOS devices

54 Responses to “VUDU: Coming to a Chromecast Near You”

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URL

1. Comment by daniel Colon — March 2, 2014 at 1:10 pm

YESSSSS CHROMECAST VUDU soon , thank you devs!!!!!!! no more turning on my power hungry ps4 to watch a movie, thanks again!!!!!!!

2. Comment by JudeMarch 2, 2014 at 3:10 pm

Thank you!!! I can’t wait… and my kids can’t either!!!

3. Comment by Bryan — March 2, 2014 at 3:35 pm

All I can say is Thank You….

4. Comment by michael interbartolo — March 2, 2014 at 5:18 pm

Thank you. Thank you. So looking forward to chromecast support.

5. Comment by Stuart Bryant — March 2, 2014 at 7:16 pm

THANK YOU! This is wonderful. I am so happy you finally did this. I can’t wait until this comes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Comment by FerretPewPewMarch 2, 2014 at 7:38 pm

Finally! A number of users on the VUDU forum will be thrilled. :-)

7. Comment by Mark Jandes — March 2, 2014 at 9:54 pm

Finally!! With this announcement, you have reestablished your platform as the only source that I will be buying digital movies from.

Thank you from a very happy customer.

Mark

8. Comment by Michael Kopinja — March 3, 2014 at 7:56 am

As a VUDU fan and supporter, I would like to participate as a beta tester for VUDU on the Google Chromecast device. This would no doubt enable me enable me to even further expand my collection.

Michael Kopinja
    copinjam@gmail.com

9. Comment by bloom — March 3, 2014 at 8:26 am

really excited, cant wait

10. Comment by Russ Smith — March 3, 2014 at 9:39 am

Just wanted to say Great, love the Chromcast, and this will work awesome with it!

11. Comment by CC fanMarch 3, 2014 at 11:52 am

Thanks so much for integrating Chromecast.

12. Comment by DALongMarch 3, 2014 at 12:06 pm

THAT’S WHAT I’M TALKING ABOUT.
    A service provider providing a quality platform which is a leader in entertainment combined with the latest technical options, choices and selections.

13. Comment by Aaron — March 3, 2014 at 1:05 pm

This is awesome news! Well done guys.

14. Comment by Josh — March 3, 2014 at 2:23 pm

AWESOME. That’s the kind of thing that will get more people using your service.

15. Comment by Mike — March 3, 2014 at 2:25 pm

So so so happy! Thank you and can’t wait!

16. Comment by Richard dubya — March 3, 2014 at 2:38 pm

Awesome, I just got chromecast this Saturday and thought vudu was the only thing missing, but I’m very BLEEP excited to hear that my hopes will come true!!!! Thank u do very much, this helps me so much, no more watching movies on ps3 if I don’t have too. I can’t BLEEP wait!!!!

17. Comment by JDS — March 3, 2014 at 3:12 pm

Thank you! !!!!!!! You rock! !!!!!

18. Comment by Jeff — March 3, 2014 at 5:52 pm

Great news, chrome cast is really cool and love my uv movies on vudu

19. Comment by Oliver Ortega ChuaMarch 3, 2014 at 11:20 pm

Can’t wait! VUDU is by far my favorite UltraViolet retailer. Now, if Disney ever turns around and joins UltraViolet, everything will be perfect!

20. Comment by Anthony MendezMarch 4, 2014 at 4:51 am

Thank you! It’s been a long time coming, but I’m glad to read this, because it also indicates a growth for Chromecast and Android in general. ‘Can’t wait!

21. Comment by James — March 4, 2014 at 8:11 am

I hope they will show content in HDX format with DD+ audio through the chromecast.

22. Comment by Patricia — March 4, 2014 at 10:59 am

Great News, can hardly wait!

23. Comment by Mark — March 4, 2014 at 3:00 pm

FINALLY. This will be nice considering the connected device limit is so low

24. Comment by John — March 4, 2014 at 3:29 pm

Meh, I prefer the Roku 3. But still love VUDU!

25. Comment by Thomas Maxwell — March 4, 2014 at 6:32 pm

The signup for beta testing doesn’t work. I put my user name and password in correctly but form says I didn’t. Whats up?

26. Comment by Jared — March 4, 2014 at 7:47 pm

Sounds awesome

27. Comment by Lee Bartholomew — March 4, 2014 at 8:57 pm

and thats why I keep buying movies on disc to digital :) although some Blu Rays come up SD, hopefully that’ll be fixed soon. Says HDX but ends up SD. But I have way more Vudu movies than anything else (or Ultraviolet) We have one for the living room dad didn’t want it since it didn’t play Vudu so he tossed it (silly person ) so I put it up in the living room.. if one can afford Roku fine but out of my price range

28. Comment by Jim Clark — March 5, 2014 at 6:53 am

Thank you! Thanks you! Thank you!

29. Comment by Angel — March 5, 2014 at 7:39 am

Thank you… I can’t wait.

30. Comment by Frank — March 5, 2014 at 8:28 am

Thank you!

31. Comment by Jchang — March 5, 2014 at 9:04 am

The beta testing site is completely separate from the VUDU service. You will need to create a new username and password.

32. Comment by Ryan — March 5, 2014 at 9:05 am

YAY! When!? Please let me know!

33. Comment by julie — March 5, 2014 at 9:11 am

Hooray!

34. Comment by Chris V — March 5, 2014 at 11:23 pm

This is so freaking awesome! I love Vudu! They actually do listen to us!

35. Comment by Melanie R — March 6, 2014 at 5:18 pm

This is awesome, I’m looking forward to it.

36. Comment by Bill — March 6, 2014 at 6:44 pm

Attempting to sign up, but receiving invalid password error?

37. Comment by Jchang — March 7, 2014 at 8:55 am

Remember the beta testing site is completely separate from the VUDU service. Unless you previously signed up for beta testing, you will need to create a new username and password.

38. Comment by John S — March 9, 2014 at 1:17 pm

So glad to hear this. There are so many times where I just want to chromecast from my android but can’t unless it’s youtube. Ridiculous that Chrome on android doesn’t support Chromecast, but on the PC it does. Why would I want to turn on a power hungry PC or PS3/4 to just chromecast? This will make things so much easier for us Vudu customers. :)

39. Comment by Luis Cruz — March 11, 2014 at 1:29 pm

Finally, I’m happy! Thanks a lot guys…

40. Comment by Russell Dull — March 13, 2014 at 8:32 pm

Hurry up already. I bought a chromecast for vudu only to find that it wasn’t supported.

41. Comment by Nathan — March 16, 2014 at 9:58 am

Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!! Can’t wait!!!!!!

42. Comment by kitkatjohn — March 18, 2014 at 10:57 am

Cannot wait! Hooray!

43. Comment by BradMarch 18, 2014 at 4:58 pm

WHEEEEENNNNNNN!!!!!

44. Comment by Nathan Johnson — March 20, 2014 at 5:40 am

I LOVE YOU

45. Comment by John — March 20, 2014 at 6:00 am

This will be nice, like someone else said, nice to give the PS4 a rest because my 360 runs Vudu HDX like Crap! Cant Wait!!!!!!!!

46. Comment by tommy — March 22, 2014 at 9:57 am

amazing. I too promise to stick with you if make this happen.

47. Comment by Nick — March 23, 2014 at 7:50 pm

What is the ETA? Can we please get an update as to when it will be released?

48. Comment by Jchang — March 24, 2014 at 11:14 am

Lot of people working right now to definitely making this happen…

49. Comment by Jessie — March 24, 2014 at 2:09 pm